|KiXforms Class Library|
NOTE: KiXforms will run on the Windows 9x platform but
has some minor issues. For advanced techniques please use KiXforms on
- You must have Administrative rights on
NT/2000/XP/2003 in order to successfully install the KiXforms DLL file.
- The KiXforms Library is comprised of a single DLL (Dynamic Link Library)
file which must be installed prior to using KiXforms.
- Download KiXforms from http://www.kixforms.org/.
- Even though DLL files will run from any folder when registered on the
system, DLL files should be installed in the SYSTEM or SYSTEM32 folder
depending upon platform:
- Windows 95/98/ME %WINDIR%\SYSTEM typically C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
- Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 %SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32 typically
- Unzip the downloaded KiXforms archive (kixforms.dll) to the appropriate
folder for your system.
- You need to register the KiXforms DLL now. One of the easiest methods is
to simply click on the START menu then click on the RUN command and type in
the following command: REGSVR32.EXE KIXFORMS.DLL and click OK. As long as
there are no path issues on the system this should now produce a dialog box
indicating successful registration of KiXforms:
You’re now ready to start using KiXforms to create your own script forms.
Please continue reading the Getting Started section to learn how to start using
In order to prevent any possible issues that might be difficult to track
down, it is best to un-register the KiXforms DLL before replacing it with a
- Click on the START menu, then click on the RUN command and type in the
following command REGSVR32.EXE /U KIXFORMS.DLL
- This should now produce a dialog box indicating that KiXforms was
Now proceed with installing KiXforms as described above. The only
difference is that you will now overwrite the old (kixforms.dll) with the new
TROUBLESHOOTING INSTALL ISSUES
- Remember that you must be a Local Administrator in order to
install KiXforms. Please verify that your currently logged on account has
LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR rights.
- Ensure that the %WINDIR%\SYSTEM or %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32 folder is in the
- Verify that the KIXFORMS.DLL file you extracted from the archive is
located in the SYSTEM or SYSTEM32 folder.
- Verify that the REGSVR32.EXE file is in the path (it should reside in the
SYSTEM or SYSTEM32 folder as well).
- Remember that KiXforms must be used in conjunction with KiXtart v4.02 or
newer. Make sure you have KIX32.EXE or WKIX32.EXE in your path or in the
folder where you run your scripts from. On Windows 9x you may need to be
running the KXRPC service as well as have other DLL files installed. Please
read the KiXtart manual for further information about installing and using
- Download locations for KiXtart: http://www.kixtart.org/ or http://www.scriptlogic.com/
If any of the above trouble shooting recommendations fail to resolve your
installation issue, please visit the KiXforms BBS or the KiXtart.org BBS to seek